Monday, October 4, 2010

Back to "Normal"

After a two week hiatus from blogging, I am back to what I hope will be a somewhat "normal" routine. A lot has happened in the last two weeks. A trip to Georgia, renting our house, a job interview and a crummy cold that knocked both Kevin and I on our backs for short while.

The week in Georgia was wonderful and a little intense at the same time. We put down new carpet in our house, and at the same time the official measurements were being taken, I was showing the house to our new renters. I went around to visit as many people as I could in the in-between time. It was strange, because as good as it was to be there, it was the first time that Athens didn't feel like home. Hard as that is, I think I am moving through my grieving Athens pretty well. What has been difficult is finding my rhythm back home in Pennsylvania.


Since I have been back at the apartment, I've had a cold, it's gotten cold and we've had a few consecutive rainy/overcast days. It's been very hard to get back into a normal routine of writing, reading, etc. During the days I was sick, I watched an abhorrent amount of television because my eyes crossed to read anything (not even the computer). I can't remember much from that time, but it was really unimpressive anyway.

This week, however, I feel a new energy. I signed up to volunteer at the local library. I thought it would be a good way to meet people in town. I am waiting to hear back about the job, but I tackled some tasks around the apartment that felt like I was truly continuing to purge and organize.

More posts to come soon, on sleep cycles, job changes, and continued learnings on forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment