Friday, February 4, 2011

Love to Give

We put Coda down this morning and cried our goodbyes. While reflecting with Kevin, I named the hardest thing to lose in her was how much she taught me to love. It can sound like one of those hokey emails, but she was genuinely the most forgiving creature. Her simplicity has taught us to be grateful for everything, that love given is always worthwhile and appreciated, and that even when we do things we don't mean to do, one can recognize when love is there and someone is worth coming back to adore again.
It's hard to believe the emptiness feels this big, but it's there waiting. I'm choosing now to fill it with both memories and the recognition that I have learned I have a lot of love to give. I just need to be aware that I have it to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment